What I loved about turning 36:
- All the notes, cards, nice words, gifties and joy sent my way by friends, family and loved ones. Nothing like a birthday to remind you that you’re well loved and even liked just a little bit!
- The way that my parents call every year and leave a happy birthday song on my voice mail.
- Dinner at Nostrana’s. Mushrooms and cheese. Pretty cocktails. Rare steak on arugula. Chocolate for dinner. Yummm.
- Hitting Spartacus Leathers after. Realizing that everything in the store was 10 percent off. Getting an extra discount when I mentioned being an erotica writer.
- Going home with goodies…and realizing that 36 is not as old when I’m mostly naked…[fade to black]
- Waking up the morning after turning 36 and shooting a just-rolled-out-of-bed in my sexy new shirt photo (gotta’ read it backwards, because I was too still-asleep to think about such things)
- Coming home after a long day of work to find a goodie on my doorstep–a floating shift necklace from Miss AT.
- Packing at the moment, so I can run off to the beach for three days of nothing but creative people, yummy food and wine and poetry!
See you all on Monday!