- Today I hit the road to drive from Portland, Ore., to upstate NY.
- Tomorrow is my birthday. 37.
- I have a new travel blog almost ready to publish. I’ll ping you as soon as I do. Or as soon as I have internet. I promise.
- In three weeks, I’ll be living in a new country.
- I am freaking the fuck out.
- I am all good.
- I am heading to freedom. Or something that looks an awful lot like it.
- Did I mention freaking the fuck out already?
- I miss all of you, every single person in my life, no matter where you live or how I know you. I’m missing you right now.
Kiss kiss bang bang, s.
“All the pathos and irony of leaving one’s youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise traveler learns not to repeat successes but tries new places all the time.” ~ Paul Fussell