Clean Sheets is one of my favorite erotic websites ever. I started out there by sending them fiction (They published my first erotic story ever!) then moved into writing and editing reviews, and then finally landed a gig editing their fiction section, along with two of the most amazing people I’ve ever met. Clean Sheets continues to publish hot, thoughtful, well-written smut online — and best yet, they do it all for free. CS has been a leaping board for many, many of today’s best erotica writers.
Which is why I highly recommend entering their upcoming contest. You never know — you just might win!
The Tipping Point of Lust Contest
Clean Sheets <http://www.cleansheets.com/exotica/contestthetippingpoint.shtml%5D%5D>
Deadline is January 31, 2010
First Prize: $100.00 and publication in Clean Sheets Magazine
Second Prize: $50.00 publication in Clean Sheets Magazine
Third Prize: A copy of any two Clean Sheets direct-books and publication in Clean Sheets Magazine
Tell us a story. Make it sexy. The theme is “The Tipping Point of Lust” or, the tipping point of anything erotic that you believe in — maybe The Tipping Point of Love, The Tipping Point of Bondage, The Tipping Point of Craving Beautiful Glass Dildoes, The Tipping Point for Breasts…you get the idea. Bring the grand concept of the tipping point — that one dramatic moment when everything can change all at once — down to the personal level. There’s no need to go all Malcolm Gladwell (author of The Tipping Point) on us and be technical with his concepts, just tell a story that convinces the reader that somebody or something has reached that point where all the forces of the universe have aligned to alter things with a driving passion and the power of circumstance that are beyond anyone’s control. Make it poetic, profound, funny or wild, but be original.
Entries will be blinded (no names on them) and judged by a panel of Clean Sheets editors..
The Official Rules:
1. Less than 2,500 words only.
2. Theme must be erotic, and also must include the words “the tipping point” in the title.
3. In the subject line of your submission please include a descriptive line that includes your title.
4. E-mail submissions only, to email@example.com
5. Send your submission either pasted inside the e-mail or as a .doc or .rtf attached file
6. No receipt will be be sent for your submission — you can assume we have it unless it’s returned to you.
7. Submission deadline is January 31, 2010, and winners will be published in early March 2010.
8. Prizes: Cash prizes will be sent approximately four weeks after the close of the contest.
Kiss kiss bang bang, s.
PS — Cool image by this artist.