NaNoLoMo: Read good books. Review good books. Help authors!
I won’t be doing NaNoWriMo this year for the first time in a long time, because I just have too much other work on my plate.
So I was thinking that instead, every day I will make a short review of a book I love and post it in a place that will actually help sales (like Amazon or Goodreads). One positive review can make SUCH a difference for an author, and I love way more than 30 books.
Welcome to NaNoLoMo (National Novel Loving Month — although it won’t be restricted to just novels).
Here are the details:
- Make a commitment to write a short review every day for the month of November. (If one a day feels too scary, make a different commitment that feels right for you — two a week, one a week, whatever works).
- Only choose books you love (doesn’t have to be a novel — can be non-fiction, poetry, short stories, etc.).
- Post your reviews in a place that will help the authors (GoodReads, Amazon, etc.)!
That’s it! It’s that easy!
Sound cool to you? Then here are some additional ways to get involved:
- Feel free to save and use the image above on anything you like — your reviews, blog posts, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Check out the official Facebook page for a place to post reviews, talk about what you’re reading, and connect with the community.
- Are you a NaNoLoMo-er? Add a badge to your profile picture to show your support!
- Use the hashtag #NaNoLoMo or #NaNo<3Mo to help people find reviews easier.
- Are you an author? Spread the word to your loyal readers — maybe they want to get involved and share the love too!
Kiss kiss bang bang, s.